"So whats the deal with these cool watches and how do I get one?"
ordering & inquires
To place an order simply add the watch(s) to your cart and complete the check out process as prompted. All major credit cards are accepted. If you have a pre-purchase question simply use the contact link at the top of any page throughout the website. Be sure and indicate which watch(s) you are inquiring about and you will receive a response usually within 24 to 48 hours.
If you would like to see a watch(s) in person prior to making a purchase, an appointment can be made for a viewing at my gallery in San Dimas, CA or I am at the Rose Bowl Antique Market in Pasadena California on the second Sunday of every month (Row X, space 5 and 7). Information on the market can be found here: Rose Bowl Antique Market.
returning a watch
I want you to love your watch and as an owner of many watches myself, I know pictures cannot always be a substitute for having it in hand and on your wrist so my return policy is very simple and straightforward.
Please be sure and read the terms and conditions below before ordering. It will give you a clear understanding of my process and your soon to be awesome watch.
ALL WATCHES SOLD ON THE WEBSITE COME WITH A 5 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED RETURN POLICY. Wear it (yes you read that correctly), enjoy it and give it a chance. All I ask just please be kind to it. If for any reason you do not vibe with it, please contact me to request a return authorization within 5 days of receiving it (please do not just send it back). Shipping for returns is to be paid by the buyer and must be sent fully insured. The watch will need to arrive back to me in the same working and physical condition in which it was sent. I am sure you will understand when I say that any modifications, missing boxes or papers, tampering with any part of the watch etc. will void your ability to receive a refund. Again, please just be kind to it and returning will be very easy. Please note that Watches sold in person are considered a final sale as inspection and trying on were possible prior to purchasing.
payment and shipping
Payment may be thru credit card via the fully secure check out process (local buyers picking up in person may also pay in cash or major credit cards directly). California residents are subject to 9.5% sales tax. Fully insured trackable shipping is included in the listed price within the USA. Shipping anywhere else outside the USA is on a case by case basis, please inquire for details.
terms and conditions when buying a watch
I would like to make your buying experience fun, easy and comfortable as possible. With that said, there a few things to make you aware of when buying a watch from me:
1. Unless otherwise noted, the watches I sell are in working order. Every watch on the site is timed and tested to be running prior to being listed. While accuracy is often quite good for such old mechanical timepieces, a reasonable loss or gain in time over a 24 hour period is considered acceptable in the vintage watch world and not uncommon (remember these are intricate little machines, most not battery operated like a quartz watch). Any larger extremes in accuracy at the time of testing will be noted within the watches description.
2. Due to the nature of being vintage / preowned, I cannot offer a warranty on the accuracy of the time, long term health of the movement or a waterproof guarantee (please do not submerse any vintage watch in water no matter what the dial or case back may say). In other words, the watches I sell are sold as is. If you need more information then what is listed in the watches details, I encourage you to please ask questions prior to placing an order.
3. Keep in mind that fine close up photos of a watch on this site show a lot more of the intricate marks, dust and scratches etc. then you would see in everyday wearing. They always look better in real life at normal viewing distances and angles. I am happy to provide additional photos or even a video at your request, just let me know what you would like to see in more detail prior to ordering.
4. Unless noted in the description, the service history of the watches are unknown. It is up to the buyer to decide if they want to have the watch serviced, adjusted, or cleaned etc. by a professional watchmaker. I try and keep my prices as reasonable as possible so that even if a service is needed down the road, it makes financial sense for the owner of the watch to do so. I do not offer repair or servicing of watches.
5. Lastly, the watches and information on this site are described to the best of my ability. I believe in total transparency and want you to love what you purchase. Any errors whether inaccuracies or typographical are never intentional, but being human, they do happen from time to time. One thing I have learned in my many years of dealing vintage design is that everyones interpretation and expectations on condition are different. Be sure and read the condition information on the watch you are considering and look at all the pictures. If you have ANY concerns or need more information, please ask before you buy. Remember, the watches on this site are "used" so if you are seeking zero wear, age or patina, I would strongly suggest you seek out a new timepiece vs old. There are many wonderful vintage inspired reissues and micro brands right now that can give you that new watch and still scratch that itch for a vintage look.
Any transaction on this website, including purchase and / or trade with Retro Horology indicates that you accept all of the above terms and conditions. All terms are subject to change.
Retro Horology only sells vintage and preowned watches and is not an authorized dealer for any brands listed on this site.